Monday, December 7, 2009

The Last Warm Fuzzy



Much has been said and written about Waldron Vorhees. Not all of it bad and not all of it true. I will be adding the facts as I know them to this post, even as the Cold Pricklies continue to gang up on the warmest fuzzy to ever do time at Round Mountain Ranch. A ranch owned by the biggest Cold Prickly of all; the author of "The Warm Fuzzy Tale" itself.

ANYONE who wants to IDENTIFY THEMSELVES and do the same, is more than welcome to speak the truth as they know it.

From this post forward however, all anonymous comments will be deleted to prevent any more cowardly surprise attacks.

“Of two men sitting in a house one is the owner, the other, but a guest. The owner expatiates on the cost of the building and maintenance, and on the value of draperies and tapestries and other trappings and furnishings. While the guest blesses in his heart the hands that quarried, dressed and built the stone; and the hands that wove the tapestries and the draperies; and the hands invaded the forest and turned it into windows and doors and into chairs and tables. And he is exalted in spirit in exalting the Creative Hand that caused these things to be.

I say to you, the guest is the permanent dweller in that house; while the nominal owner is but a beast of burden carrying the house on his back but dwelling not therein.”

THE BOOK


3 comments:

CANDIDATE said...

UPDATE: The last time I spoke with Waldron he told me that at the latest Ranch Meeting, hardly anybody talked about "getting rid of him."

:)

I remember the first time we crossed the Golden gate headed back to Round Mountain Ranch. He told me that if I made a wish, and held my breath till we reached the other side, it would come true. I knew the catch to that one (at this point, Waldron interjects "DRIVE FAST!" followed by an emphatic chuckle) so I immediately wished for happiness and long life for all those I loved if they loved me or not. Waldron wasn't in the top three on that list but those wishes wouldn't have had a chance without him. Only once, stuck in 30th Summer Of Love traffic, while headed into the City with Brandy Bear and Mirage in Brandy's Econoline van, did I pass on tempting Fate*. But, that's another story.

"What Grace is given me, let it pass to him."



*Unfortunately - as I write this - Google, who "does not generally review or endorse the content of this or any other blog", has chosen to do so with a WARNING page that requires you to acknowledge that you "UNDERSTAND AND WISH TO CONTINUE". Words to live by. Words that sum up what the Clear Light Conference is all about and the wishes of those who read it. It's true purpose, to encourage continuing to understand, and enjoying the inevitable result, no matter the obstacle.

Understand. Continue. Enjoy.

That continues to be my Wish. The Captain's too.

"Good to meet you. Hope to see you again."

.ms

Bodhi said...

The first time I ever encountered Clearlight acid was in India in about 1973. I was a Buddhist nun at the time, and visiting Kalu Rimpoche in Darjeeling. I met Henry & Nancy, a pair of musicians collecting Tibetan bells, and they handed me 2 hits of Clearlight acid. Little did I know on that day that 37 years later, I would be Waldron's caregiver.

Anonymous said...

Cold pricklies winning waldxron banned soon stsy tuned nsrada cal me mstz